Monday, March 31, 2008

Our father


I found this translation of the Lord's Prayer in the original Aramaeic. Aramaeic is the language thought to be spoken by Christ-

Abwoom d,bwahmaya
Nethqadash shmakh
Teytey malkuthakh
Nehwey tzevyanach aykanna d'bwahmaya aph b'arha
Hawvlan lachma disunqanan yaomana
Washboqlan khaubayn aykana daph khan shbwoqan l'khayyabayn
Wela tahlan l'nesyuna ela patzan min bisha
Metol dilakhie malkutha wahayla wateshbukhta l'ahlam almin
Ameyn

Our father which art in heaven
Hallowed by thy name
The kingdom come
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Clay,

Have you noticed that until me there have been NO comments to any of your blog posts?

Do you have records of how many viewers there might have been to your thoughts? (Just curious)

I always loved conversing with you because you are one of - if not the most engaging - conversationalists I have ever met. You seem to know so much about so many things and you definitely have an impressively articulated opinion on your views. (In your ability to argue - which I praise highly! - you are talented!!)

(Granted you haven't always been consistent or linearly coherent at times but hey, when we're just sitting around the camp fire so to speak - and just generally hanging out, who really is?)

You have always been entertaining and engaging. As you've said before, you DO have the "gift for gab".

What gets me is my understanding of your understanding of Faulkner when we last spoke and your apparent fixation of on the south. You had a big identity pledge to the role of "Southern" and the romanticisms endeared by Faulkner - when last we were engaged...

I know that at one time you wanted to be an artist. I've heard that at a latter point you were looking into being a historian.

I, at this point know of you only what I hear through the "grapevine" and we both know how flawed that conveyance of information is...

I guess what I'm asking is how did you come to "THE WORD" and how you chose the version of "THE FAITH" that you did.

What's the scoop?

Jason